Patient Reference Group
The Aims of the Patient Reference Group
We would like to know how we can improve our service and how you and other patients perceive our surgery and staff. To that end we would like to set up a Patient Reference Group [PRG]. The overall aim of our group is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients and the practice.
A PRG Can
- Offer patient feedback about their experiences with the surgery
- Help the practice improve our services
- Help the practice make the best use of our resources
- Improve communication
- Help to promote good health
- Influence decisions about which services are provided
- Offer practical support to the practice
A PRG Isn’t
- A forum for complaints
- A fundraising organisation
- A time consuming activity
The Group Key Roles Would Be To:
- Create and improve two-way communication between patients and the practice.
- Bring a sense of partnership between the practice and patients.
- Provide an avenue for patients input in the way facilities and services are planned and provided
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice to evaluate its services
- Communicate to the practice community and/or the wider community information about the practice.
We aim to gather names of patients from as broad a spectrum as possible to get a truly representative sample. We need young people, workers, retirees, people with long-term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
To help us with this, we are setting up a ‘virtual patient reference group’ so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time about what is important about the services we provide, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received. We will contact you via email and keep our questions succinct so it shouldn’t take too much of your time.
If this sounds of interest to you and you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.